Good morning, dear one,
September’s calendar was inspired by my 2021 Word, Renewal. The first affirmation was “I have the power to change my thoughts. No actions can be accomplished until you change your thinking, so I made up my mind that the areas of my life that were not pleasing to me could be changed. I have persevered in the face of challenges and setbacks. I made up my mind to stick to my plan. And I have succeeded in several of my goals while others are still a work in progress. But my mind is made up: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).
So, my challenge to you this week is: What do you need to make up your mind to do? Choosing an action can make a huge difference in your life. Here is a list of suggestions that you can set your mind to do. Just to get you thinking.
- Choose to forgive the person who hurt you—to release bitterness and walk in freedom.
- Make up your mind to stop buying stuff on a whim. Abstain from Amazon for a month.
- Make up your mind to spend time in God’s word every day even if only for a few minutes.
- Make up your mind to watch less television in the evenings and spend more time with spouse, family and friends.
- Make up your mind to step out of your comfort zone. Say yes to something God has been pressing you to do.