John 2:6 (NKJV)
On this day, I am still pondering last week’s devotional about rejuvenation. While I don’t discount the items on my previous “R” list, I also came to the realization that I need more strength and power in my spiritual walk
as well. So I asked myself, "What do I need to restart, replenish, renovate, and revitalize in my walk with
the Lord?” While trying to accomplish all my top ten spiritual goals as a summer renovation project is
unrealistic, here is another “R” list for you and me to ponder as we seek to grow into His likeness.
1. I will restart my giving and share more time and resources with others.
2. I need to replenish my outpouring of mercy; be less judgmental.
3. I need to renovate my language. Words have power. Enough said!
4. I need to reignite my light to see the world and others through new lenses.
5. I will retune my listening ears to truly hear the suffering behind the words.
6. I will rejoice and be glad in each day.
7. I will rely on and confidently lean upon the Lord.
8. I will rekindle the spark of love in my heart and be more caring.
9. I will renew my mind; my thoughts will not control my actions.
10. I will revitalize my prayer life by trying new approaches to God.
Choose an area that speaks to your heart to begin your recommitment to the Lord. I
desire more strength and power in my daily life as I seek to walk as Jesus walked. God will honor our process
with a double blessing. Our summer renewal will be an exciting adventure. Grab your gear and join me.