You may have already made (and broken) your New Year’s Resolutions. I am suggesting a spiritual set of ten resolutions from the wisest man who ever lived; no, it’s not Jim. The resolutions are written by Solomon and can be found in Proverbs 3: 1-32. I have often said that you and I can find an answer to any question or situation of life if we would just look in God’s word. These precepts are not called resolutions, but I don’t think you could find any guidelines for living that are better if you tried.
- Let love and faithfulness never leave you (vv. 3-5)
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart (vv. 5-6)
- Do not be wise in your own eyes (vv. 7-8)
- Honor the Lord with your wealth (vv. 9-10)
- Do not despise the Lord’s discipline (vv. 11-12)
- Search diligently for wisdom and find it (vv. 13-24)
- Have no fear (vv. 25-26)
- Do not withhold good from those who deserve it (vv. 27-28)
- Do not plot harm against your neighbor (vv. 29-30)
- Do not envy a violent man or choose any of his ways (vv. 31-32)
Prayer: Lord, give me a backbone and not a wishbone. Strengthen my will to follow your teachings. I long to be your disciple. Amen.
Resolving to make wise choices, Linda