It’s Monday morning. What kind of attitude did you wake with? Here are several tips to help you achieve a glorious week—a joyous life. It takes practice. Developing a new mindset takes practice. Romans 12:2 tells us to “be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.” And never, ever give up hope. Joy is waiting just around the corner.
- Savor pleasure: If there is nothing on your agenda today that sounds like fun, add some. Make time (even five minutes) for somethings that makes you feel special.
- Practice gratitude: At the end of each day before bed, please list five things you are grateful for. Quit grumbling!!!!
- Cultivate mindfulness: Train your mind to focus on the present moment only. No rehashing regrets from the past. No crazy predications about the future. Just enjoy each and every precious moment.
- Retain a sense of purpose: Find a reason to get up in the morning. Volunteer. Help a neighbor. Call a friend a day. Stay in touch, don’t hibernate.
- Emphasize the positive: Focusing on the positive aspects of a situation are key factors in acquiring resilience—the ability to bounce back from bad times—that will help you weather the losses that may occur in the years ahead.