Son, don’t forget what I teach you. Always remember what I tell you to do. My teaching will give you a long and prosperous life.
Proverbs 3:1 ( Good News)
You may have already made (and broken) your New Year’s resolutions. But this morning, I am suggesting a new list—it’s not too late to start. This list was written by the wisest man who ever lived; not, it’s not Jim. The resolutions are written by Solomon and can be found in Proverbs 3:1-32. I often say that you and I can find answers to any situation in life if we would just look in God’s Word. These precepts are not called resolutions, but I don’t think you could find any guidelines for living that are better if you tried. Here goes:
- Let love and faithfulness never leave you (vv.3-5).
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart (vv. 5-6).
- Do not be wise in your own eyes (vv. 7-8).
- Honor the Lord with your wealth (vv. 9-10)
- Do not despise the Lord’s discipline (vv. 11-12).
- Search diligently for wisdom and find it (vv. 13-14).
- Have no fear (vv.25-26).
- Do not withhold good from those who deserve it (vv.27-28).
- Do not plot harm against your neighbor (vv.29-30).
- Do not envy a violent man or chose any of his ways (vv.31-32).
Prayer: Lord give me a backbone and a wishbone. Strengthen my will to follow your teachings. Amen
Resolving to make wise choices in 2018, Linda