Christmas is coming. HO. HO. HO. Or, Christmas is coming, OH, NO!!! Which refrain is your heart singing?
I always share with you my deepest thoughts and insights, and this Advent my mind keeps reverberating with this familiar chorus, “O come to my heart, Lord Jesus, there is room in my heart for thee.” I know that when this type of occurrence happens, God is speaking not only to me, but through me to you. For some, this invitation to come into our hearts may require of us a realignment of our thinking. Do I really want Jesus to make a home in my heart? Do I really want Jesus at the office Christmas party? Would He put a damper on people’s fun? I’m just suggesting that we do some meditating on our celebrations and traditions.
- How many colored lights would we need strung across our entrances to welcome Him?
- If He came into your home, would He find a Bible anywhere? Would it look well-loved and worn?
- Are there friends you would not invite to dinner with Jesus as honored guest?
- Would you welcome Him into your media room to watch TV or a movie?
- Would you offer Him some Christmas cheer? Not judging; just asking. Do you really want Jesus to come into your heart and stay? Linda